The State Education Development Program of Kazakhstan for
2011- 2020 has been adopted by the Decree of the President of the Republic of
Kazakhstan No.1118 dated December 7, 2010.
The main purpose of the program is to increase competitiveness of education and development of human capital through ensuring access to quality education for sustainable economic growth.
As a result of implementation of the State Education Development Program, Kazakhstan should achieve the following key indicators:
- per capita financing mechanism to be introduced in all
educational organizations except for ungraded schools;
- the share of a highly qualified teaching staff holding the
first and the second categories - 52% (out of the total number of
- the share of secondary education institutions using
e-learning system – 90%;
- 100% of children aged 3-6 to be provided with
pre-school education and upbringing;
- transition to 12-year education model to be completed;
- the share of university graduates who completed education
under the government grant scheme and employed within their specialization in
the first year after graduation – 80%;
- the number of Kazakhstani universities listed in the ratings
of the world’s best universities – 2;
- the share of universities that underwent the independent
national institutional accreditation based on the international standards
- the share of universities that underwent the independent national specialized accreditation based on the international standards – 30%.