The State Program of Healthcare Development "Salamatty
Kazakhstan" for 2011-2015 has been adopted by the Decree of the President
of the Republic of Kazakhstan No.1113 dated November 29, 2010.
The main purpose of the program is to improve health of the people of Kazakhstan for ensuring country’s stable socio-demographic development.
Key tasks of the program are:
- strengthening cross-sectoral and interagency cooperation in the
sphere of people’s health protection and provision of sanitary-epidemiological
- development and improvement of the Unified National
- improvement of medical and pharmaceutical education,
development of the medical science and pharmaceutical activity.
As a result of implementation of the State Program of Healthcare Development, Kazakhstan should achieve the following key indicators:
- increase in life expectancy of the population to 69.5 years
by 2013, to 70 years by 2015;
- decrease in maternal mortality to 28.1 per 100,000 live
births by 2013, to 24.5 per 100,000 live births by 2015;
- decrease in infant mortality to 14.1 per 1000 live births by
2013, to 12.3 per 1000 live births by 2015;
- decrease in total mortality to 8.14 per 1000 people by 2013,
to 7.62 per 1000 people by 2015
- decrease in tuberculosis morbidity rate to 98.1 per 100,000
people by 2013, to 94.7 per 100,000 people by 2015;
- maintenance of the spread of HIV in 15-49 age group at